You may face some difficulties when you here the terms Virtual Reality “VR” and Augmented Reality “AR”, so we are here to answer your questions and make these terms more clear and simple.
Before answering the question “What are the differences between virtual reality and augmented reality”, we should answer other important questions. So, let’s start..
Why Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality are necessary for Your Business Success?
To know the importance of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) for your business and to realize how will VR and AR easing the way you are doing your business, you should know the meaning of each term and the main difference between AR and VR..
What is the meaning of Augmented Reality (AR)?
The Augmented Reality simply is mixing digital with real.
It is the improved version of the real world, it is achieved through the digital visual elements stimuli delivered by technology, the AR technology allows your clients to see what your products will look like in real life, your 2D brand image will be turned into a full 3D experience in easy-to-use portable devices (hand-held or headset).
What is the meaning of Virtual Reality (VR)?
Is a simulation of an alternate world or reality, with computer technology that simulates an environment that can be similar to or completely different from reality, by VR technology we can make your client feel impressed through the artificial world, and objects in three-dimensional that appear to be real, Instead of viewing a screen in front of them.
Where is Augmented Reality (AR) Used?
The augmented reality (AR) is being used in many different industries when they need to mix digital with real:
– Healthcare, manufacturing, education, automotive, military, retail, gaming, real estate.
Where is Virtual Reality (VR) Used?
Whether you are a physician, an architect, a realtor, a teacher, or an owner of a shoe shop, Virtual Reality Applications, specially tailored for your business, allowing your client to see the finest details of your product or service, through the simulation of an alternate world or reality, here some industries that already use the VR technology:
– Here we will present a large number of fields that use VR technology like the automotive industry, healthcare, retail, tourism, real estate, architecture, learning, development, entertainment, education, sports, art, design, events, conferences, and marketing.
After discussing the meaning of each technology and the industries that use each one, it’s time to answer the big question..
What are the main differences between Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)?
- While AR is a system that augments the real-world scene, VR is a completely immersive virtual environment.
- In AR User always have a touch with the present, and the end-users are still in touch with the real world, while in VR, visual senses are totally under the control of the VR system, and the end-user is totally isolated from reality.
- AR there is only 25% virtual and the largest proportion (75%) is real, while in VR largest proportion (75%) virtual and there is only 25% real.
- AR technology partially involves the user in the action, while VR technology fully involves the user in the action.
- AR technology needs upwards of at least 100 Mbps bandwidth, while VR requires only 50 Mbps.
- In AR no AR headset needed to complete the technology, while in VR the VR headset device is required.
- AR is used to enhance the virtual and real worlds, while VR is used to enhance the virtual world.
Because of the popularity of Virtual Reality (VR) technology, so many people have a real misunderstanding about the difference between AR and VR. Simply AR enhances and improves the real environment, while virtual reality (VR) involves the user in a totally new environment.
Now, the difference between AR and VR is clear, but there is always a chance to know more, follow us to read more about AR and VR, and if you decided to use one of two technologies for your business just contact us.